Drag What?! is an eclectic collective of fabulous draglings shattering drag’s binary. They were created from Michael Twaits’ Art of Drag course and birthed at the Royal Vauxhall Tavern. Whilst they have flown the nest gracing stages across London and the UK, in drag, family always comes first.
With the rise of Drag Race and the awareness of drag in mainstream culture, what is seen as ‘drag’ is in danger of becoming very narrow. Drag What?! have artists of all genders and skills ranging from a belly-dancing drag queen, a drag king poet, a dragling carpenter and even a bisexual wizard magician!
This will be a night of variety – in its truest sense, featuring:
- Prospero Acronym – bisexual drag wizard
- Lola Del Fuego – Miss Visa Denied,
- Allegria – the belly dancing queen
- Perrie Alore – the riot grrrl mermaid
- Will Actually – technically a poet
- Lx Motley – a surprising and versatile neo-burlesque performer
- Professor Q. Cumber – a quirky gentleman botanist who loves, LOVES cucumbers
- More Amore – a child of the Goddess of Love
- Veneer – the expert wood handler
Drag What?! is a show that will leave you with a big smile on your face and thinking that everything you’d assumed about drag may be more fluid than you realised.
Let’s be fabulous, darlings!
Drag What?! will perform at xxx